Passed my driving test.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not all of them. I haven't thought about next year's yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money! (Not likely though... )
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Passed my driving test first week in August. It was about the best day of the year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not speaking to someone close for a long time after an argument.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My boy Joshua did very well this year, passing national reading test, karate gradings and a swimming level.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
One of my work colleagues behaved intolerably in the latter half of this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
No one place although we were disgusted with the cost of our holiday.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting pregnant and getting the kittens.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I haven't listened to much music although various songs that Joshua listens to stick in my head. I liked Kylie's WOW.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier.
b) Bigger or smaller? Waaaaaay bigger!
c) Richer or Poorer? About the same, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Socialised with friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent at home with the family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Loads... Bones, Heroes, Apparitions, CSI, Law and Order, NCIS
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read loads of books this year. I have read all of Conn Iggulden's Emperor and Conqueror series (reading the latest Conqueror one right now, Bones of the Hills). I also read Tolstoy's Anna Karenin, difficult at times but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. Also Bernard Cornwall's Azincourt was superb. I re-read a few Murakami also.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A new kitchen, lovely, jubbly. A car. Pregnant. Kittens. Oh, what a good year when I reflect! And I got to keep my job after loads of redundancies.
28. What did you want and not get?
A dog. We don't have the room. A holiday overseas. Didn't happen.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Loads... Dark Knight, Mongol, 10,000 BC, Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Hancock, Sweeney Todd
30. What did you do on your birthday?
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Probably not having an argument with someone close to me.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Barack Obama has done amazing. The continuing loss of the young life of British forces.
36. Who did you miss?
My baby sis, Laura, who is in the RAF.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Personally, I can't let things stress me and worry me so much as it won't change matters (and it makes you ill). So I know it sounds dumb but just chill. Don't worry too much.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Can't think of any off the top of my head.